Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Sometimes it's better not to try so hard...

I've been scanning through some of these blogs, just randomly.

... I see the tendency I find I'm struggling with. A desire to be relevant. Meaningful. And in my case, spiritually incisive.

I just erased 2/3 of a blog because... Because it's just SO easy to try to sound SO profound, and wind up flailing.

Seems to me that sometimes a funny story or a joke, or a single word may be better than a strained attempt to be spiritual... so...

  • How do we know there'll be Presbyterians (insert your favorite-to-pick-on-denomination here) in heaven? Because the Bible says "The dead in Christ shall rise first!"
  • So... it must be remembered, we came to CCNH because somebody measured their home windows wrong and my boiler broke and my kids were throwing a fit that day and I needed to get out! Don't tell ME God doesn't have a sense of humor!
  • Who were the smallest men in the Bible? The disciples that slept on their watch.
  • Did you know that God invented baseball? We saw it Sunday in Genesis 1... "In the big inning."
  • Yup, there was tennis too... "Moses served in Pharaoh's court."
  • Uh huh, and motorcycles! "The roar of Joshua's triumph was heard throughout the land!"
Shall I stop now?

D

No comments: