Thursday, September 29, 2005

Nothing Good Ever Happens to Our Family...

That's what a couple of my kids have been saying. I have an idea that their pain is more intense than I think.

But something wonderful DID happen to our family. Our car was saved. I did have the money I needed to make the payment to keep the repossession away, but the check hadn't cleared the bank. Even that check was a wonderful gift from my cousin.

But it looked like all would be for nought. It would be too late. But a working acquaintance heard of my crisis through Connie, and offered a $300 bridge loan. If you prayed, God answered.

And...

I'm becoming a mantra to the kids ... Something WONDERFUL happened to our family even if nothing else EVER happened. My kids. Five incredible human beings that humble me.

Yes, we all brag on our kids, but mine are more special. They really are. It's not just that they are the best kids in every aspect, but they are ... wonderful.

OK, others' kids might be just as wonderful... it's just that I doubt it.

Nothing good ever happens? God has blessed me beyond measure.

D

No comments: