Friday, September 09, 2005

Anatomy of a Divorce

No ellipsises (how the heck DO you pluralize that? :)) this time. No sighs at the end. Just a wealth of different emotions.

My attorney's para-legal called today. Said my estranged wife's attorney had called. Reported I'd refused to pay the interim weekly money that the court ordered, and that I'd said I'd no longer pay it.

All untrue.

The court DID order me to pay last summer, when I got the kids back after nearly 4 months of difficulty for me and hell for them.

I want to whine here and talk about how unfair it is. How I pay all expenses for house and kids and STILL must pony up 650 a month ... OK, I DID just whine. But enough.

Still, I don't have it. I'm in collections on every debt I have because of that money and attorney fees. I'm out. Tapped dry. The pressure is immense.

So I said I couldn't pay today because I can't. And it gets reported as "He says he'll never pay again."

I'm tired of lies.

D

No comments: