Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wondering About Blogs ...

There's a whole lotta bloggin' goin' on. NABLOPOMO or whatever it's called is encouraging folks to blog every day. I'm not doing that program, but it HAS encouraged me to blog more often.

But that leaves me with a question. Personal blogs tend to be ... personal. There's something very therapeutic about the lives and struggles of others... but how much is too much? How much is just whining?

Will my blog have value on the serious political subjects if I also include those struggles that beset my life?

Food for thought. I suppose if I decide that the mhy blog should not be too personal, all these blogs will just

Poof

Disappear :)

D--

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi! Welcome back to the blogging world! I can't believe I've been missing your re-entry. I was faithfully checking in about once a week only to see that July 16th post!!!

Yes, blogs are personal. And there is a lot of whining going on. But that is a personal preference of the blogger. I am sure it is therapeutic for some. I would have a "diary" blog only if no one I knew was reading it.

I enjoy reading your blog...whether political or personal. Thanks for sharing! And try not to help Daphne with her driving anymore. You'll sleep better!

Kingdom Advancer said...

Hi. I found your blog linked from Mike Huckabee's website.

So I thought you might be interested in a new blog I started called, "We Want a Christian President." I want as many people as possible to get involved in the effort. The URL is http://christianpresident.blogspot.com

Please check it out when you get the chance.

germaine said...

HA!! Jackie & I have been having the same type of conversation... I try to stay away from whining whenever possible, but I do know of one instance where I whined... but wtf.. I was going to Paris...

hey & I didn't even whine about my time in Paris... that definitely could have earned a "Free to Whine" Pass... :)

You know... I've been checking this thing regularly until the last couple weeks... :)

I could post about your infrequent bible study attendance... since it's 6:01pm & I am the only one here... :P

Love ~G