Thursday, November 15, 2007

... Right On Man!

In my pontifications of yesterday (understand that I AM infallible in my pontifications, just like the pontiff...) I discussed my nomination for chief problem of our time. I suggested that we MUST find a way to bridge the left-right divide. That we must quell this bickering and get on with things.

The problem with blogging is that I end up mulling over my own posts. I've been mulling this over. Here's my difficulty...

I believe the left is damaging. I believe that the political construct of the left moves us to less freedom and to more bondage.

SO I'm a hypocrite. I say I want to open dialog and work in a shared manner.

But I'll admit, the answers have to come out in a way that my political template can accept. If they don't, I can't accept them.

Does that mean the divide will live? That truly this can't be dealt with? That we are split and that's just that?

My problem is that looking at the left I see a template that generally seeks government to solve problems. I believe if solutions come down that way, the unintended consequence is a government that grows ever-bigger, more onerous and more dictatorial.

My left friends believe that if my laissez-faire approach is followed, that the poor will suffer and the rich and powerful will run roughshod.

As Drudge would say ... developing

D--

No comments: