Friday, November 04, 2005

Hard Truths...

It's hard to know who reads this blog. I know a couple of people who check in now and again (more again than now since my posting has fallen off recently).

I know I've sent a couple of people here, even a work friend. That's a little scary, especially with what I'm about to post.

There have been some circumstances in our household that I am convinced are Satanic. *gasp*

"Oh *I* get it," maybe you're saying. He's one of THOSE kinds of people!

Well, I suppose, yes. I don't come to this lightly. I grew up as the church rediscovered the truth of our spiritual battle. I grew up around some pretty outrageous teaching, little of it grounded in Scripture.

But none of that matters... what matters is that I am convinced we are facing spiritual warfare. Some of it centers on the kids, some of it on money and work issues. I feel a bit like Daniel who agonized and prayed trying to understand a Scripture. He was told that Satan interefered with his answer.

So today is a prayer and fasting day for me. Remember Jesus' disciples hit a rough patch with their demon-throwing-out experiences, and Jesus said, "This type does not come out except by fasting and prayer."

I know people who have formulas for casting out demons. Who have rituals they practice.

But what I see in Scripture is a very simple battle. Putting on the whole armor of Christ (Eph 6) and imploring God on our behalf (Jude). And in this case, fasting and prayer.

I'll be praying for answers for our money disasters. I'll be praying for peace for the kids whose sleep has been terrorized, who don't want to go to their rooms.

If you pray, pray with me?

Thanks!

D

No comments: