Friday, December 09, 2005

My Starbucks Runneth Over...

So... Continuing on my Starbucks theme...

First off, I do not own stock in Starbucks. Yet.

Second, in my old Seattle days, I considered Starbucks inferior. Inferior to Stuart Brothers (later to become Seattle's Best Coffee). FAR inferior to Batdorf and Bronson in Olympia.

Still, all that was before my exile to New England, where coffee was unknown. They drink a brew up here they call "Dunkin's". It's not coffee, per se, but has a few coffee characteristics.

OH, how I ached for real coffee. And my tenacity has been rewarded. There is now a TRUE Starbucks within 10 miles of my home. Perhaps all this is why I object to a boycott? Naawww, it's strictly on principle grounds. Coffee grounds.

So yesterday as I sipped and noshed (OOOoooh their Gingerbread Loaf!!!!), I eavesdropped on a conversation behind me. Two Christian men talking about a book, Blue Like Jazz.

It sounded (and sounds) fascinating and I'm looking forward to reading it. It's author has founded a writer's community in Portland. So much is happening now in the Northwest with the Mars Hill forum at my alma mater SPU, and now this, the Burnside Writers' Group.

I urge you to check out http://www.donaldmillerwords.com. What I see blowing through the church is revolutionary and real. Embracing Christ and Him alone.

I fear a bit of antinomianism, and even see that in myself, but it may just be fear. After all, we're shredding decades of legalism.

D--

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into
any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a
lot of unique content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any solutions to help stop content from being stolen? I'd definitely appreciate it.


Take a look at my site - african decor