Friday, March 30, 2007

Picking up the Gauntlet...

Why is it so danged hard to keep up with my blog? Might it be life? Might it be illness, a dam bursting in my hot-water-heater? Might it be a washing maching breaking? Might it be its replacement also breaking?

Might it be life?

I've been active of late in the local realm here in M-Town. Our school board is going through yet another spasm of "tax-cutting". I used to be right in line with the tax cutters until I realized that they were more about gutting than cutting.

I admit it, I LOVE the political process... the game of it... the heat of battle... the smell of gunpowder... the roar of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd!!

General Lee is quoted and saying to General Stonewall Jackson, "It is a good thing that war is so bloody and terrible else we would learn to love it too much."

As for the picture, it turns out I am still not free to fully discuss the how and why that we got in to a receiving line on the South Lawn of the Whitehouse. All I CAN say is that I'm very proud of my eldest daughter. Her access badge has a different color and a different letter than ours.

Where to go next here...

D--

1 comment:

germaine said...

man... must be a heavy gauntlet... :-)

Love ~G